rheem ac/LP furnace combo

darylcSeptember 25, 2012

greetings all,

We're in the middle of construction for a new home. We're to the point of having the hvac installed. We've decided we like the Rheem RGRC 95% single stage furnace, and are trying to find performance data on this furnace with various rheem air conditioners. We've looked at the specification sheets on Rheem's website for nearly all the models of ac (prestige, classic and value line models) they offer and cannot find any references to how they perform (SEER, EER) when paired with the air mover in the furnace. I found lots of data for the RGRM furnace, but not a single one for the RGRC. What are we doing wrong? Where should I be looking to find performance data for this furnace and different AC models? I've emailed Rheem, but getting a response seems like it might take a while. Thanks very much! Daryl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veesubotee

I know their website is a little hard to navigate--but if you can't find the link there, try googling "Model (e.g., RARL* JAZ or JEZ specification sheet pdf.
*as an example

If you find it, you will see general information, followed by detailed specs. First left hand column lists the size of the unit; next column lists various coils/air handlers that match; next, if not an airhandler, will be furnaces by size; then will be columns for SEER, EER, CFM, BTUs, etc.

If your doing a propane conversion, you might find that info in the pdf for the furnace.

That should do it for you.

V

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 4:55PM
tigerdunes

darylc

While you don't want to hear this, I would not recommend the RGRC furnace with a conventional blower motor. I would opt for the two stg RGRM with var speed blower motor. A better furnace that will serve you better.

IMO

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 7:23PM
PRO
CJ Mechanical of North jersey llc.

The norm should be at least a 2 STAGE SYSTEM. BETTER YET GO WITH THE RGRM 2 STAGE, VARIABLE SPEED. IT MAY BE AN ADDED $ 500 BUT WORTH IT.LP CAN BE EXSPENSIVE AND IF IT WAS ME INSTALL A HEATPUMP DUAL SETUP

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 8:47PM
tigerdunes

If on LP gas and you have reasonable electric rate, I would also consider a heat pump.

What is your location?

IMO

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Carrier Greenspeed 25VNA Massachusetts Cold Weather Data
Hello Everyone, I wish I had had this information prior...
Sabs83
Baseboard heater thermostats
We are looking to install (2) 120v baseboard heaters...
stephja007
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
New Mini Split Designs for 2015
I, and I am sure others, would love to hear what is...
josey11
Nozzle size for Oil Burner ??
I have a Slant fin oil furnace that heats my water...
big_al_41
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™