us stove auger issue

neksteveSeptember 17, 2012

I just purchased a us pellet stove. filled it up with pellets turned it on. the augers go but the pellets didnt come out. I emptied it out. seemed all ok, put few in and pellets came out. soon as u add more pellets it slows down or the pellets stop coming down the shoot. tech support says air leak through the door. Any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alan_s_thefirst

Check for air leaks?

Also make sure all connections are tight. I have a friend who had issues with his auger, and it was a loose connection.

There's some sort of safety cutout if there's air leaks, I suspect that's what tech support is getting at.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 1:28PM
neksteve

Thank you very much. some where to start looking.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 2:55PM
neksteve

I didnt have any air leaks every thing was tight and connected. I cleaned every thing and started again. pellets come out to start, but trickle so slow after initial start the fire goes out. it burns hot at first. I have an idea, i direct vented straight outside as i was told draft would be better, should i add the cleanout and go up a few legnths then cap it?

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 8:11AM
neksteve

So I have tried many things, including bypassing the low limit switch. I bumped up the auger flow by hitting auger trim on heat setting 1. still just trickles 1 or 2 pellets at each cycle or every other cycle. eventually burning out as not enough pellets drop. turned up to settings 2, 3, 4 and 5 and no change, not enough pellets drop to keep it going. every thing is clear in the auger. anyone have suggestions?????

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
2 Stage vs 1 Stage
I am trying to decide what HVAC replacement system...
cms9323
Geothermal vs Carrier Greenspeed
I am looking to replace my current Heatpump. I have...
mkrafczyk
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
Pls tell me the best uses for Carrier Air Handler Model # FV4CNF003
Hi GW, I am stuck with a new 2012 air handler/heat...
ontariomom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™