where to purchase an American Standard Allegiance18 conden. unit?

rcbnySeptember 23, 2011

Our central a/c has gasped its last gasp and needs to be replaced. We do not want to go through the cost/annoyance of installing a system with the new coolant, so are considering the AC Allegiance18 because it still uses R-22, AND has the other features we need: 5 ton, dual stage, variable speed, etc. Hope I got that right...?

Anyone know off-hand where I can find one of these? Thought I'd check here before making a zillion calls to dealers.

Many thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


You realize this is a discontinued AC condenser?

You already have a var speed furnace or air handler?

You can find an AmStd dealer by going to dealer locator on AmStd HVAC website.

Good Luck!

    Bookmark   September 23, 2011 at 1:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hi tigerdunes, thanks for the follow-up. Yes, we understand this is discontinued, thus the reason we're having a hard time locating one. We have a variable speed air handler and just need to replace the condensing unit. But we don't want to have to switch over to the new coolant systems since it seems like a big to-do with a new installation. If we have to, we'll just go with a one-stage R-22 unit, but would prefer the dual stage. Thanks again.

    Bookmark   September 23, 2011 at 2:46PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Heat Pump in Northern Virginia
Does anyone have advice on which contractors may be...
Central Air OR Mini-Split
Hello everyone, We bought our house 2 years ago (1938...
Does Air Duct Cleaning really help?
We live in a 40 year old home with a forced air gas...
Geothermal (GSHP) replacement
My almost 80-year-old mother's house was built in 1998...
Is this HVAC system OK?
Replacing original old ~9 seer unit. House is 2001...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™