Bosch Axxis dryer - heating element problems?

hlg222May 17, 2012

I'm deciding betwee a Bosch Axxis set and the 24" Mieles (Whirlpool Duet was in the mix, but my contractor has informed me that it's going to be too large). In the research I've been doing, I've found repeated complaints about the Bosch Axxis dryer (WTV76100US) having a failed heating element, or simply not drying clothes sufficiently. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this - whether it is a recognized design flaw or shortcoming, or some sort of user error? The volume of complaints on this specific issue has given me pause.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sandy16

Is this a build or new install? If there is a way to make room for larger units, I would for resale purposes. If the Miele units are within your budget I would go with those over the Bosch. Asko is another option for the size you need. No matter what models you research there will be negative reviews. I never considered Bosch but you might want to take a look at the user manual. Many of the complaints on this forum come from people upset that their heaters aren't doing their job when in reality the heater is only used for one or two cycles not all.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
i just want somebody to fix my speed queen!!!!!!
So the timer has been acting up on my AWN542 for a...
beaglenc
HELP!! Dryer side vent question/Help (Samsung)
Hello! does anyone have a dryer that they had to use...
peasknees
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™