New Electrolux Models

larsi_gwMay 1, 2013

Hey Everyone!

I know many of you were wondering when the all new Electrolux washers and dryers were due out. We were at all local, high end appliance store getting an awesome new Toto Neorest automatic toilet (the heated seated is worth the price alone, LOL!!).....and I asked them about new Electrolux units. They said Elux told them Jan. 2013, then Feb. 2013, then March 2013, then May 2013...and now they are being told July or August 2013!!!!

Either they are making sure there are no kinks and issues or they are having a hell of a problem with kinds and issues :-O

They are hoping and expecting better performing doors, doors that can stay ajar, when not in use to prevent mildew and mold and higher quality materials on the control panels.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wannaknow1

Interesting Larsi. I asked Electrolux yesterday when I was asking about the warranty and she said they had no information about new washers coming out, so she expected it would be awhile because they would have the announcement before the machines appeared in stores.

I hadn't realized that there was a problem keeping the doors ajar. How then are peope keeping them open to allow the insides to dry out and not get mold? Thanks!

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 10:48AM
georgect

I've been wondering about the new washers recently myself and I'm glad they are taking the time to make sure they get it right (fingers crossed).

Thanks for the heads up Laris!
I can hardly wait to see what they've developed.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 12:17PM
whirlpool_trainee

When the current generation came out, an engineer said on an other forum the Electrolux had plans up its sleeve for even larger units. Similar to the biggest LG washers. We'll see. AjMadison will likely have them first.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 6:21PM
Sherrie Moore

Don't understand the keeping the door open issue. I have had my Electrolux FL for 2 years. No problem with keeping door open to dry out after washing.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 7:24AM
larsi_gw

@ buckeyegoldenmom....On every other FL model, you can leave the washer door just ajar a few inches. On the Electrolux models with the "push to open" doors, they are spring loaded, and the doors just fly open and stay very open. If one has a smaller, or tight fitting laundry room, this wide opened washer door is a real nuisance. They need to have a magnet or latch system, that allows one to leave the washer door ajar for airflow, without having to have the door just flung open!

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
Goodbye Kenmore HE2T/Whirlpool Sport, I hate you!
Im so done with this piece of junk washing machine....
Mark
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™