Sturdy Ironing Board Recs

southerngirl1913May 24, 2011

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I am looking for recommendations for sturdy ironing boards. I searched the forum and found an old post from 2006 however; many of the recommendations are no longer sold. I would like something no more than $100 if possible.

If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

Bed Bath & Beyond sells a Polder ironing board that I have. It is quite sturdy and can be raised up to 39 inches high. It is wide, though, and may not work if you're ironing children's clothing. I used a 20% off coupon which brought the price down. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polder ironing board at BB&B

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 3:44PM
southerngirl1913

Thank you!

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 4:38PM
izeve

I have a Brabantia ironing board that I got at Bed Bath & Beyond or Linens'n Things (before they went out of business). I've had it for a few years now and am very pleased with it. It's very sturdy - I hate flimsy ironing boards!

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 6:10PM
stbonner

I have a Rowenta ironing board that I bought at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I think it was right around $100.00 after using the 20% coupon.

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 7:41PM
livebetter

I have a Polder that looks a lot like the Brabantia. It seems sturdy. I have read good things about the Brabantia though.

stbonner, I have a Rowenta iron but didn't realize they make boards too?

Here is a link that might be useful: Brabantia ironing boards

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 12:51AM
stbonner

Livebetter, my ironing board was actually branded as a Bed, Bath, and Beyond brand that was made by Rowenta. It is larger than most ironing boards, wider and taller, and is very heavy and sturdy. I like it a lot.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 6:44AM
Cavimum

My ironing board has "Rowenta" machine embroidered on the pad, but I know it is made by Polder because it looks exactly like the Polder model I linked in my earlier post. Rowenta makes irons, but not boards, AFAIK.

Often a company will re-badge a product made by someone else. For example, I have a "Bernina" vacuum ironing board that was made by Reliable.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 8:44AM
stbonner

Hmmm, maybe my ironing board is a Polder, rebranded by Rowenta, and then rebranded by Bed, Bath, and Beyond:)

Who ever makes it, it is taller, wider, and heavier than a standard ironing board.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
i just want somebody to fix my speed queen!!!!!!
So the timer has been acting up on my AWN542 for a...
beaglenc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™