Trouble with white bed sheets

Debz89May 30, 2013

I have good Egyptian Cotton bed sheets which are white and grey (by design) and I had little accident with them in the wash this morning :(

I hadn't realised, but someone had put in a yellow duster in the machine. Anyway, I put the load on a 60c wash, and didn't realise the yellow was running out of the cloth and on to my favourite sheets until half way through the load. I paused the wash, took the duster out and restarted the wash. The wash has just finished, and I took the sheets out and the white is now has a yellow tinge to it :'(

I have just bought some Ariel with Actilift Biological powder and some dylon ultra whitener oxi stain removal. My question is, if I use these products, will it take the yellow tinge out? Also, will these products effect the grey part of the sheets? I don't want to lose the pattern on them. Any advice from anyone would be great :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gates1

it might take the gey out of them, but not all the way. I always say, if a stain ruined something, then anything I do to them cant make it any worse. I will wash them in whatever it takes to get them clean again.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 9:11AM
More Discussions
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™