Trane air handler zone panel

ellessebeeSeptember 17, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to find and identify the zone panel on my Trane air handlers? I'd like to know if I have single stage or dual stage panels. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
syrtova

Trane is
set up for 2 stage. Depends on what equipment that you have. Do you know your model #'s?

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 8:28PM
syrtova

You should have a 24 volt panel and a zoning panel. These panels would be found near your air handler. They would be obvious. It should be printed on the outside covers. To make any zoning work with a Trane system you have to have a 950 touchscreen color thermostat.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 10:34PM
ellessebee

Don't have that thermostat, that I know. I only have Honeywell 8000's. One in each zone. Is that wrong? Who is the manufacturer of the 950? I can look for the panel. I think only one air handler (the larger one) has 2 zones. The smaller one is only one zone. I will have to climb up to the attic to check on the panels there. I'll be back in touch. Thanks, again.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 11:18PM
ellessebee

Don't have that thermostat, that I know. I only have Honeywell 8000's. One in each zone. Is that wrong? Who is the manufacturer of the 950? I can look for the panel. I think only one air handler (the larger one) has 2 zones. The smaller one is only one zone. I will have to climb up to the attic to check on the panels there. I'll be back in touch. Thanks, again.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Floor Air Register and ductwork
In recently doing light cleaning on air registers in...
Char Holdenried
New Bryant legacy vs 5 year old carrier infinity
My parents need a new a.c., There's is broken and probably...
David
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
Are mini-splits a bad idea.
I have lived in both Europe and the Middle East and...
bry911
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™