Lennox XC25

AGlennSeptember 12, 2013

If anyone can give some feedback or advise on the Lennox XC25, I would greatly appreciated it. We are looking at replacing to 3.5 TON units in Arizona (two story 3,100 sq ft). We received a quote today for two 4 Ton XC25 that was pretty pricey, but maybe I just don't know what to expect. Each split system (attic) unit installed is coming in just over 12k. Is that in the ball park of what I should expect? I have made a call to get a second local opinion, but thought I should also do my homework online as well. Thanks in advance if you are able to assist with my research.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

I am not familiar with the Lennox XC25 so I did a little investigating. It appears with an AC condenser with inverter technology. I now understand why the price is so high.

Personally I think spending $24,000 to replace your AC condensers and air handlers is a bit much. I know it is Arizona and it gets hot, but I don't think you need to spend this amount of money. What are you doing for heat?

Were the 3.5 ton condensers able to keep the house at the desired temperature. The XC25 is only available in whole ton increments. This is forcing you to go from 7 to 8 tons. That is a lot of cooling for a 3100 sq. foot house. I would want to see a load calculation. The heat load for the first and second floors are rarely the same.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
carrier infinity with greenspeed service settings
We just built a new home in central Kansas this year,...
Energywise.ks
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
Heat pump choices for first timer. Advice??
Hello, First post, great place you all have here. We...
adayrider
Need help with my Heat Pump
I have a 2 ton carrier air handler that is 410-A compatible....
Jason Johnson
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™