electrolux vs asko (both gas and stacked)

maria_1April 21, 2011

We narrrowed it down to electrolux vs Asko stacked units. Asko (27in). I like Asko because it has a rinse only option and can heat the water to 95 C. Any owners of Asko? How is there gas dryer?

I love elctrolux capacity but worried that it cannot do rinse and spin only option.

Also how is there gas dryer? Any owners could comment?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fahrenheit_451

As with Miele, ASKO can be problematic when you are not situated close to its service centers or cannot find the proper third-party (and I believe all ASKO service is third-party) to support your purchases. There are complaints of ASKO taking too long to get parts. We have an ASKO dishwasher that is going on well over a decade of service, but I have contacted ASKO in the past (good luck) and it is a veritable PITA. Personally, I do not like Electrolux products as I have seen how they are constructed, but you will be able to get them serviced much easier. Esoteric brands like Miele and ASKO are highly dependent on the service availability, competency level of the service technicians, and parts availability.

ASKO USA

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 1:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sshrivastava

@ maria_1

By "27in" do you mean the XXL Asko machines that are made in Asia? These units do not heat to 95C. The XXL models are 120V and will heat into the 150F-160F range only.

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
what to consider before buying portable washing machine
before buying portable washing machine there are a...
moffito
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Sponsored Products
Ergorapido Cordless 2-in-1 Electrolux Vacuum
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™