Carrier Infinity System validation

Steve3692August 9, 2011

Hi and thanks for reading and hopfully your response. New build 4k Square Ft, in Fairfax, VA - here is what I am quoted...

2 $3,579.25 $7,158.50 17 Seer Infinity with 2 to 3.5 Ton 58MVC 60k btu furnace, 3 ton Evap Coil, 2 ton Condensing Unit 24ANA1

2 $3,154.25 $6,308.50 Ventilator

1 $798.25 $798.25 Humidifer

1 $1,545.00 $1,545.00 Air Purifier

1 $3,605.00 $3,605.00 Zoning

Total $19,415.25

My question is does this seem right? - 2 to 3.5 ton furnace and am I going over board with the dual ventilators for the two systems. I also believe they cannot put the humidifier up in the attic so only going with one, therefore how will the second thrid floor system cope with humidity? The basement will have the zoning system along with the first floor zone and I believe the basement sensor cannot read the humidity only the temp? Any thoughts on this systems and your input is appreciated!

Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
david_cary

That seems cheap as I have a lesser system and paid more in NC. I have the seer 15/16 and I don't believe they make a 17 although I could be wrong. Of course my system is a little bigger so maybe the price is pretty similar.

We have a humidifier only on the first floor. The thought is that humidity tends to be the same throughout a house. Well - I am working on this because it is a little dry upstairs. But that is very common practice and I am just picky.

The slave zoning stats read the humidity. The master zoning stat does not display the humidity but I suspect it reads it.

Is a ventilator an air handler?

What are your electric rates, because we share nearly the same climate and a heat pump is a good idea with a quick payback (which of course depends on the price of NG). No question, good insurance for a spike in NG prices. Anyway, if your electric rates are in the $.10 range, then you should upgrade to heat pumps. If you share DC's rates, then maybe stick with what you have. Although no one knows what the future holds.

I'm assuming this includes duct work?

I paid $20k for new construction, 4 ton for first floor and 3 ton upstairs. Heat pumps. NG backup on first floor. Zoning upstairs.

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 7:16AM
More Discussions
2 HVAC quotes: need to decide
I'm ignorant of HVAC, but willing to do the research...
davidarcher2
Thoughts on proposed HVAC system?
To start: my house is two-level (main plus upper)...
gbleeker
Advice on Attic insulation
So we just finished the second year in our house and...
w_fournier
gas wont come on. forced air gas fired furnance
the Furnace was starting then running a couple minutes...
waterguytexas
No Fully Trained Mini Split Installers
Reading threads about mini split heat pumps I got curious...
nerdyshopper
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Bathroom Kingston Wall-Mount Bathroom Sink in White K-2007-0
$74.59 | Home Depot
Acorn Square End Rolling Barn Door Hardware Kit - Rough - BH3BI-5
$410.35 | Hayneedle
Paley Chair - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
West Chair - Key Largo Graphite Brown
Joybird Furniture
Acorn Round End Rolling Barn Door Hardware Kit - Smooth - BH5BI-5
$390.58 | Hayneedle