Cat Fur and Fleece

polieApril 8, 2012

Hello, has anyone here on the GW forums been successful in getting cat fur off of a fleece blanket? The blanket is fully machine washable and washing it does help---but there is still cat fur stuck on the fleece. It's almost like it's velcro. Any laundry suggestions? And, no, I'm keeping my cats! :-) Many thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinan

Normally I wash wash and put in the dryer with a dryer sheet which helps avoid picking up more hair due to static... but this tool the "Pet Hair Magnet" really pulls out the pet hair from fabrics and rugs. I have not tried it on fleece, mine come our hair free from the dryer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pet Hair Magnet

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 5:54PM
dakota01

You think you got it bad - try 2 shedding horses and a terrier that never seems to stop shedding.
I get tons of horse hair on my fleece jackets, shirts, etc. I either run the sweeper on myself or get a stiff brush and brush my clothes off before I put them in the laundry. I always do a 2nd rinse cyle - on hairy items.
My dog is no longer allowed on my couch/fleece throws. IT's just too hard and time consumingto get all the hair off.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 10:16AM
polie

Tinan, I got the Pet Hair Magnet. (I ordered it from the Drs Foster & Smith catalogue.) It definitely helps. Can't say it's a miracle worker, but I'll take whatever help I can get dealing with all this cat fur. Thank you, Tinan.

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™