Carrier quote - is this a good price and system?
I'm considering going with a contractor recommended to me by my next door neighbor. The quote given is as follows for 2-ton units:
(2) Carrier Performance Series Heat Pump Model #25HPA6
(2) Carrier Performance Series Variable Speed Air Handler Model #FV4
(2) Carrier Performance Series Thermostat Model #TC-PHP
I have a 2 story colonial-style house and there's no ductwork so the contractor will put in all new ductwork as well as 2 systems, one for each floor. The total is $18,250.
Are these good systems? should I consider others? He also gave me 2 other options:
1) Two Goodman variable speed air handlers with electric back-up heat.
Two Goodman (2 ton) 16 SEER heat pump systems. Total $14,900
2) Two York variable speed air handlers with electric back-up heat.
Two York (2 ton) 16 SEER heat pump systems. Total $17,500
I didn't get any model numbers for the Goodman and York systems though.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.