Miele Laundry Products at Costco!

mieleformeApril 25, 2011

No.... not really, but isn't it a good idea? I think that's one retailer that could pull it off. They aren't too big but big enough 400+ stores. Costco carries a lot of nice stuff opposed to places like Sears or any hardware stores. Unfortunately I don't think the volume of Miele sales would be sufficient for Costco to carry the line. O well, would be cool however.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fahrenheit_451

I don't believe that Miele's legal department will take too kindly to this thread's title.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 9:29PM
cyberspacer

@farenheit451

Miele legal will just have to get over it. Not against the law to dream a little dream, is it?

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 11:31PM
mieleforme

I think Miele legal has better things to do. In fact, I doubt any one from Miele ever looks at these forums. As much as I'd like to think they do, I doubt it. But just incase!

Dear Miele & Henkel:

We the people would like to see Miele laundry products and Persil detergent at Costco.

Sincerely,

Big Dreamer

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 3:06AM
livebetter

Miele and Persil are far to niche to be at Costco (IMHO).

But thanks for getting me excited with that subject line :(

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 11:58AM
cynic

I think there's a far better chance of seeing those products in Costco than seeing Miele's legal department even give a second glance to the title!

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 3:37AM
oink

Miele vacuum cleaners are already available at Costco... Why not washers?

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 5:12PM
mieleforme

I just think Costco would be the perfect place for Miele to enter the mainstream market. Miele products will always remain as niche but they could also become much more available. BMW's are niche products but everyone has them these days, almost too common if you ask me. Problem is as of now few people can go the store and pick one up or have simply never heard of Miele. Price is no longer the biggest concern. Fifteen years ago, before front loaders became so common here in North America, we never paid more than say, $700 for a washer. In fact I think you could get a top of the line set for about a grand. Well things change and now, most top of the line washers are well over that. If Miele could incorporate a sales and service network with Costco they would have more business than they could handle. I could see it now, a medium size section under the big warehouse racks with the red background and the silver Miele sign hanging. Washers and dryers on display with the cutaway views to see the quality internal parts, a touch of fancy lighting, maybe even a Miele sales rep to make appearances once or twice a month in all of the stores. Of course Miele would have to offer a better price or extended warrantee for Costco to even consider this, just to sweeten the Costco offerings like they do with everything else. However, if they ever through a Kirkland badge on there I would take issueâ¦:)

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 1:54AM
mieleforme

Ugh...threw that is.

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 3:28AM
More Discussions
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™