Thought I would share my laundry/mudroom update...

ailene54April 9, 2014

I posted over in decorating too because I asked them for ideas for hanging the curtains. Originally I planned on having cabinets installed, dryer vent boxed, walls painted and a new floor, but was surprised at the prices I was given. This room is off my kitchen, opens to both side yard and garage. During the summer because of the pool we use this as an entrance for guests too. The only thing not finished is the ceiling drying rack, which should be here soon. Thought you may like to see my before and after pictures....I'm very happy with how it came out!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I love the fabric surrounds. Did you sew all those items? It make it look so organized and cohesive. Very well done. I would love to see the drying rack in action when you get that installed.

Thanks for sharing your new functioning space.

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 7:56PM
gr8daygw

It looks great! I love the baskets and it's so tidy and attractive. I really love the way you hid the dryer exhaust. That's very imaginative. Great job, I'm impressed!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 10:12PM
xc60

It looks wonderful, so neat and tidy and everything matches perfectly. :)

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 6:47PM
dianne47

Big improvement on a small budget. What is the brand/source of the ceiling drying rack?

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 1:38PM
enduring

She did share the brand on the link below. It is at the end of the list, as of this time. Its a Greenway.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drying Racks in Laundry Room

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 6:17PM
ailene54

Enduring, as soon as I get the laundry rack up, I will post so you can see. I haven't figured out if it's possible to get the 6 rod rack, or if I have to settle for the 3 rod. As far as the seams, two of them I sewed by hand, first I tried glue that came out horrible, I'm sure I used to much and it bleed thru. I wound up using heat bond which worked out great.

Gr8day, thanks for the kind words. I hated looking at the dryer vent made me cringe when guests came into my house from the pool into that room.

Diane the rack is from Greenway. Thanks for the kind words, figured out the update cost 375, the fabric I purchased was regularly 50 /yard, I got it on sale for 10

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 6:26PM
pprioroh

can anyone else see pictures? all I see is a very washed out pic that looks like drying rack maybe.

Very interested to see these.

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 10:49AM
enduring

pprioroh, I see 9 pics in the OP entry and one pic in the entry immediately above your post.

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 9:22PM
pprioroh

Thanks. I see them now. must have been some image blocker at work....

Bookmark   June 8, 2014 at 3:20PM
More Discussions
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
front loading washer doesn't get clothes clean
8 years ago I bought a GE profile front loading washing...
slogan3561
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™