Hour Meter on Energy Kinetics System 2000

Jimmy27August 30, 2012

Does anyone have any experience using an Hour Meter with an Energy Kinetics System 2000 oil boiler with a riello burner. I just had the EK System installed. I want to calculate oil consumption by using the firing rate, nozzle size, pump pressure. However, I was concerned that because of the Energy Recovery system, relying on watts will significantly over report gallons used, because the system will still be on even though no oil is being burned. Also, can an hour meter be installed on the unit, and is there one that is recommended for this system.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dapoppa

The only time that using an hour meter on EK or any other system might be nice is if the heating system supplies more than one rental unit and the renter is responsible for the heat. Actually, in that type of situation BTU meters are more accurate.

With the EK using an hour meter is not really going to give a good picture of fuel savings since it will vary through the year compared to a conventional system. The most accurate method is to track at least a year's consumption and correct it for the degree days of the time period. As the weather gets colder the fuel savings will decrease. In summer and shoulder seasons (apring and fall) when there's not a high heat demand, the savings will be much greater.

Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
Moving house AC unit
Hopefully this all makes sense. In our potential kitchen/house...
Jennifer Weinman
Who do I call about a whole-house fan?
I'd like a whole house fan. This might be a DIY project,...
elofgren
HVAC billing question
Question for the pros...... So I had a faulty capacitor...
spe720
company insists on all payment in advance
Having 2 mini-splits installed, have already paid half...
gramarows
Moving floor vent to toekick area
Hello. We are renovating our kitchen as well as baths...
cathy725
Sponsored Products
Kinetic Floor Lamp by Robert Abbey
$360.80 | Lumens
VerPan | Spiral SP1 Pendant Light
YLighting
Van Teal Power Artisteel Modern Table Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Sample-kinetic Amber Ovals Tiles Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Chimes 5-light Polished Bronze Round Pendant
Overstock.com
Serta AIR Health & Wellness Eco-friendly Bonded Leather Executive Office Chair -
$222.00 | Hayneedle
Nestor Chrome Three-Light Mini Pendant
$598.00 | Bellacor
Kinetic Collection Brushed Chrome Plug-In Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™