How good are the Miele front loading dryers?

schnauzerApril 8, 2011

I want to purchase a Miele Front loading washer, wondering if I should get the matching dryer or get another brand of dryer? Opinions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

I have the T9802 Miele dryer, and I think it is the BEST dryer I have ever owned or used. My Miele W4842 washing machine is great, but I think there are other machines on the market by LG, Electrolux, Bosch or maybe even Fisher & Paykel that could possibly clean as well (but the build quality and longevity will be far less than Miele).

But, nothing compares to the way a Miele dryer cares for clothing. The reverse tumble feature is the reason that I will always own a Miele dryer. I never have to deal with sheets or items rolled up into a tight, moist ball. Miele ELECTRIC dryers reverse tumble from the very beginning all the way thru the cool down. The only residential gas dryer Miele makes is the T9820/T9822. It also reverse tumbles, but not as much as the electric version. I owned the T9820, and it was for me very problematic and a real disappointment. When I switched to a T9800 and then a T9802...for me the difference was night and day. I will only own electric dryers. Good Luck!!

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 10:25AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sshrivastava

From the anecdotal reports here and elsewhere, the Miele electric dryer does appear to work better and has higher overall satisfaction than the gas counterpart. I have the T9802 electric dryer and am very pleased with it overall. I'm not too fond of the lint filter. Also, if you stuff your washer to the full 7-8kg capacity and then transfer all of those clothes to the dryer, you will have wrinkled clothes. The dryer cannot dry a packed load without wrinkling, unfortunately. The only solution to this problem would be a larger dryer. But if you fill your washer 3/4 full and leave some room at the top, you shouldn't have any wrinkling issues. On those occasions that you do run a packed washer load, split it into two loads for your dryer.

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
Need help choosing a large capacity washer- whats the least bad option
I really want a Miele or a Speed Queen. That said,...
mwinfield
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
LG/Kenmore Elite 5.2 washer & 9.0 Dryer
Hey everyone! Happy New Year!! Does anyone have any...
larsi_gw
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
Sponsored Products
Bloomfield Park Plum Euro Square 26x26 Pillow
$24.99 | Bellacor
Hanging Sweater Dryer
$12.99 | zulily
Atlantis Tubs 4478PCAR Petite 44 x 78 x 23 - Inch Oval Air Jetted Bathtub w/ Rig
Beyond Stores
Toto S350E Cotton Washlet
Overstock.com
Welspun Crowning Touch Cotton 500 Thread Count Flexi Fit Sheet
Overstock.com
Portabella Blue and Red 18-Inch Square Pillow
$51.00 | Bellacor
Yves Delorme Etoile Wash Cloth
$14.50 | FRONTGATE
Atlantis Tubs 3660PAR Petite 36 x 60 x 23 - Inch Oval Air Jetted Bathtub w/ Righ
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™