New And Improved Gram's Lemonade!

moonwolf_gwMay 18, 2012

Hi everyone,

The last couple batches that I have made of my Gram's Lemonade have been too sour. My neighbor said her mother, (now decased),used to make lemonade and added the juice of one orange to it. I made a batch tonight and it tasted good even warm! I saw this tip in an old cookbook one day and thought of my neighbor. I can't wait until it's cooled and ready to drink!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

P.S. Our new stove arrived on Wednesday! I'll try and get the pictures uploaded soon!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynic

I like that idea. Does it impact the flavor noticeably other than the sweetness?

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:20PM
moonwolf_gw

Cynic, yes other than the sweetness, you can definitely taste the orange flavor. It's very refreshing. I saw a recipe called Sunny Orange Lemonade that was very highly rated on another website. Mine doesn't have the orange and lemon zest in it, but I like that idea.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 10:46PM
annie1992

Thanks, Brad, I love your Gram's lemonade, I like mine kind of tart, but I think I'd like the orange in there too and I know my grandkids would. Plus a little more vitamin C can't hurt.

Congratulations on the new stove, do you like it?

Annie

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 11:25PM
cynic

I thought it should be great. I'm such an overly sweet person anyway that I need the extra tartness. :) I like a lemonade that draws your jaw up and makes you pucker! Keep the mistletoe handy!

Maybe try it sometime with some pureed watermelon or cantaloupe in there. Definitely would sweeten it up. Some strawberries thrown in and you have a good start to a fruit punch version.

When you start marketing Moonwolf's LemonPunch and LemonMelonAde, don't forget to send me a royalty! ;)

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 11:36PM
moonwolf_gw

You're welcome, Annie! Mom's used the stove a few times and she loves it! I will have my turn with it tomorrow night when I brown/sear the chuck roast for Sunday's lunch.

Cynic, LOL no I won't forget ;). I LOVE those names you picked out! I'm going to have to remember that about the watermelon, cantelope and strawberries. It sounds really good!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 2:07AM
More Discussions
Not your average refrig contents....
Tartine bakery is one of the local San Francisco icons:...
jakkom
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Aeropress coffee-science question for coffee weenies
I got an Aeropress today. Just made my first cup of...
l pinkmountain
Need Recipe Help
Need Recipe Help Our church hosts a Lenten Luncheon...
blueheron
Why can't they leave things alone?
I really don't have the time nor the energy to learn...
doucanoe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™