Gas dryer

renov8rApril 30, 2014

I would love to hear from anyone who has a gas dryer. This is the first time we have purchased one and I would like to know what your thoughts are and if you are happy with it. Are there any issues with your venting the dryer? Lint problems, drying issues? We have a gas furnace, and don't have any fumes. Do you have any slight fumes from the gas dryer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DreamingoftheUP

Have always had a gas dryer. Cheaper than electric. I don't know what you mean by 'fumes'. Any gas smell, no matter how slight, is a leak, is dangerous and would have to be repaired.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 7:47AM
fordtech

Ive used Gas dryers since the late 1970s and love them. My wife wouldnt want anything else. As long as they are installed correctly and maintained per manufacturers recommendation, you will get many years of great economical performance. If you use propane you will probably notice some combustion odors but natural gas is very clean burn on all the dryers Ive owned.

Bookmark   May 2, 2014 at 7:09PM
triedandtrue

Have only had gas dryers since our first in 1987. Definitely cheaper to run and have not had a problem.
Our first was a cheaper whirlpool that lasted nearly 26 years with a couple of minor repairs. Drum rollers were replaced I believe.
Have a SQ gas dryer now and so far has been a blessing to use. Seems to be better built than the WP,more solid feeling, just hope it will last as long.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
such a thing as a rolling laundry cart with extending legs?
i'm dreaming of a metal laundry cart on wheels that...
lmgch (formerly on GW)
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™