Please help select a new washer - how do I decide ???
My washer just broke yesterday with all the clothing, soapy water still in it. Had to fish items out and rinse them manually - gained new level of respect for the generations who did laundry with their bare hands! Having read the various existing threads about selecting a new washer here are some points about us and what I am looking for:
1. family of 4 (2 small children who get dirty a LOT).
2. do at least 2-4 wsh / week
3. currently have a top loader but open to both TL and FL.
4. main concern is to be able to get the clothes clean and keep them in good shape wash after wash :))
5. i read that some allow to wash even dry clean goods
6. want to be able to wash quilts, down comforters, etc once in a long while.
7. sometimes wash just a few items if necessary
don't want to spend too much but before creating a budget want to understand what different price levels will mean in terms of features / quality / savings over the years.
Thank you very much for your input!