Stacked washer and dryer

asoveyApril 28, 2013

As part of a large remodeling project, we will be moving our washer and dryer to the main floor of our house. I need suggestions for the best choices in regards to noise and capacity. I have heard that Miele and Electrolux are good, but I am wondering if there are others. Any input would really be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

No one's talking I guess :) I too have a post for a small set recommendation and no input so far.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:40PM
richard_f

There are lots of good machines on the market. If you provided a little information about what's important to you - size, price, features, reliablity/longevity, physical dimensions, etc. people would probably have more input for you.

I'm partial to Miele because of the German engineering and build quality, flexibility and great performance, but they're not a good choice for someone who wants to do a small number of large loads or who's on a limited budget. There's no choice that's best for everyone.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 4:58PM
cath55

I bought a Frigidaire washer dryer combo in February. After 2 weeks of use, dryer wouldn't work. Took 3 weeks to get parts from company for repair. Now is first week of May and the washer doesn't fill. Set is basically functioning as very expensive dust collector.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™