Does this American Standard HVAC system match my needs?
I'm changing strategy for next HVAC interview/quote. I want to specify the system that I want and let them tell me why it's not a good choice and recommend changes.
Unfortunately, I don't know if this is a well matched American Standard system for my house, but this is what I have in mind:
1. AS Gold SI (Allegiance 13) 3-Ton Condenser
Model = 4A7A3036 (up to 14.5 SEER)
2. AS Silver XI (Freedom 80) Gas Furnace
High Efficiency, Single Stage, 80%, 63K BTU.
Model = AUD1B080A9H31B
3. AS Evap Coil Model = 4TXCB036BC3HCA
4. AS PerfectFit Air Cleaner 5" Filter
5. New lineset
6. Thermostat XL803
House Information for load calculation:
1. Single story 1430 sqft home in Los Angeles, built in 1952 (60 years old);
2. Foundation = raised with 30" crawl space
3. Insulation= R-30 Insulation in attic; no insulation on walls or floor
4. 13 double-pane windows throughout house; 3 single pane windows in front (16 windows total)
5. Dark brown cement tile roof
6. Exterior doors = 2 (old wood front door with top half of door with glass panes; and new aluminum back door with quarter window)
7. Floors are hardwood floors throughout house except for ceramic tile in kitchen and 2 bathrooms
8. Winter's lowest average is December at 46, but we see some nights in the low 30s during the winter. I like to keep the furnace at 68 in the winter.
9. Summer's highest average is August at 90, but we see a couple of days between 100 and 110 during the summer. I like to keep the ac at 76 in the summer.