What size/how useful is your laundry room sink?

Madeline616April 6, 2012

Hello,

Can you tell me how large your utility sink is, whether it's self-rimming or undermount, and for those with smaller sinks, if you still find them useful?

I'm trying to make a 6'3" x 10'6" laundry room layout, with a pocket door, work and trying to maximize counter space.

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grapeleaves

My sink (inside dimensions) is 16 X 21 X 10" deep.
I use it all the time for soaking clothes. In the winter I use it to wash out painting supplies. In the summer, I have a utility sink in the garage I use for painting supplies.
My laundry is not connected to my kitchen so I'd have to walk quite a distance to a water supply.
I would not want a laundry without it.
my sink is a self rimming stainless steel sink

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 11:03AM
attofarad

I got the CorStone Westerly. The other models, with a bit of drainboard, would have been useful, but I didn't want to give up the counter space, and I will not use the sink that much anyway. I'm just remodeling, so haven't used it yet. They come in a lot of colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Laundry sinks

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 12:11AM
Madeline616

Thanks, Chlow and Atto. This is very helpful information.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 4:25PM
gr8daygw

I have a Kraus stainless undermount sink 16 x 21 x 9 deep. It's mounted into black pearl granite. But for 14 years I had an overmount stainless sink mounted into laminate. I use my sink in the laundry room as much as the one in the kitchen. The laundry room is just off of my kitchen so I have easy access to it and use it constantly during the day. The dog bowls are in there and it's so easy to fill up their water bowl! I honestly use it so much I would hate to give it up. Use it for all sorts of cleanup of things I wouldn't want to use the kitchen sink for.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 9:48PM
weimom

I have always had a laundry sink and wouldn't want to give it up. My laundry room is just off of the kitchen. With my remodel I am going to a single bowl silgranit undermount sink in the kitchen. The cabinet is fairly small so my sink will only be 22x18x9". I am going to make the laundry sink as large as possible--a single stainless bowl that is 12 inches deep. Since I would like to have the option to use this as a kitchen backup for large things like roasting pans I am going to have my old garbage disposal installed in it for food cleanup purposes.

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 11:54PM
angiedfw

I have a standard, builder grade plastic laundry sink in my very small (6x10) laundry room. Frankly, I'd rather have the countertop space than the sink. The sink just collects stuff. I don't have to soak clothes very often; I have a FL Samsung that cleans the clothes so well, I don't have to presoak.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 11:31AM
beasty

I don't have one and so I use the bathroom sink that's next to the laundry area. That works fine, though it would be nice to have one that's slightly deeper and bigger than the bathroom one. I also don't soak clothes, but I do handwash some items and so that's what it gets used for.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Define "Dark"/Woolite for Dark Colors
My bad. I should have called the company and asked...
monicakm_gw
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
LG/Kenmore Elite 5.2 washer & 9.0 Dryer
Hey everyone! Happy New Year!! Does anyone have any...
larsi_gw
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Sponsored Products
Lights Up! Platinum Silk Glow Shade Walker Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
American Drew Grand Isle 8 Piece Leg Dining Room Set in Amber
Beyond Stores
Anna's Daydream Embellished 3-piece Quilt Set
Overstock.com
Quoizel Inglenook Art Glass Mini Pendant
Lamps Plus
Bronze Three-Light Billiard Pendant with Italian Marble Glass
$418.00 | Bellacor