Laundry Room Color Question

Goldens1April 16, 2012

Hi,

Wondering if you guys have any thoughts on a laundry room color. We started out doing the project thinking we were going to paint the room yellow and we purchased a yellow. However, the countertop we originally thought we were going to get was too pricey and we had to change gears.

The rundown, we have white cabinets, a porcelain tile floor with grey/very light green streaking (predominant color is white though), and we will have Kashmir White countertops.

Our plan is to wait until countertops are installed (templaters are coming day after tomorrow) and test some colors, but any thoughts/ideas?

If you have Kashmir White countertops, what color did you paint your room?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LisaDe1

Goldens1,
I logged on for washer reviews, and noticed your question.

My recommendation would be a Ralph lauren paint color Color: Mexican Feather Grass.(light sage grey/green)
Home Depot carries this, can mix it. Take a sample chip home to see in your light.

I painted my small laundry room this color and very pleased with how it turned out. Color is light,easy on eyes and never get tired of it. I have white cabinets and stainless washer/dryer.
Good luck !

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 2:38PM
Goldens1

I'll look at that, I was thinking of something in the green family. My husband is very partial to Ben Moore paint, but I'll grab a swatch at Home Depot this week. Thanks for suggestion!

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 5:12PM
kris_zone6

My laundry room has white woodwork, light cabinets and countertops and is painted a blue green, Sherwin-Williams Composed. It is gorgeous.

Here is a link that might be useful: Composed

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 10:39PM
SaraKat

If your husband likes Benjamin Moore the closet color to Mexican Feather Grass is Camouflage according to website. HTH. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 8:18AM
More Discussions
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Advice on machines (Frontload vs HE Top load; LG vs Electrolux)
Hello there! I am doing a renovation/redesign of my...
jaybird1487
Persil DuoCaps Made in Germany
So after my less than great results with the new "WalMart...
larsi_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™