Why couldn't it be 1/4" bigger?

Rybren2April 18, 2014

OK - we all know that size really does matter. My newly renovated main floor laundry room counter is only 38 3/4" high (error on contractors part) and my existing LG Tromm laundry pair did not fit underneath. In order to make them fit, the appliance installers removed the legs. The vibrations are crazy. Dishes fall out of the kitchen cabinets that back onto the wall behind the laundry room. I've lived with it for 1 1/2 years because I didn't want the aggravation of tearing out the granite counter and marble backsplash in the laundry room. So now the LG stopped drying and rather than repairing it I thought this was my opportunity to get new appliances that fit properly under the counter. To my horror nearly every laundry pair is a minimum 39" clearance under a counter. I am looking for a large capacity washer that will fit under my 38 3/4" high counter. Does anyone have a 38 3/4" high counter that fits a 38 3/4" high laundry pair? If so what brand? The only ones I can find that will fit and have a 38" clearance are Electrolux and although they are lovely, I've had bad luck with my Electrolux fridge and stove so I'm a bit gun shy. Anyone have Electrolux and love them? Suggestion very welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

Why don't you make the contractor fix it?

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 4:30PM
Cavimum

I think the best thing would be to have the counter top removed and raised, and just call it a day. Honestly. That way you can buy a washer/dryer that you want, instead of something that just fits. Might help re-sale value also.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 3:54PM
Gwarstong

Agree with Cavimum. Best to re-do and open your choices.

And agree with oregpsnow....I think contractor owes you a piece of the re-do.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 6:05PM
Rybren2

After a five month long Reno I was not interested in tearing out the whole laundry room. Logically I know it is likely what I should have pushed for but was looking for alternatives to doing so. Thanks anyway! May have to go that route.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 7:16PM
talley_sue_nyc

I bet it won't be as disruptive as you think it will. It would certainly be less disruptive than the vibrations were!

They don't have to make a huge mess.

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 2:05AM
More Discussions
Fisher Paykel Washer/Dryer
Sears is now carrying Fisher Paykel washers and dryers....
phyllisb
Define "Dark"/Woolite for Dark Colors
My bad. I should have called the company and asked...
monicakm_gw
Tide Turbo Clean Detergent
Has anyone tried the new tide turbo clean line. I saw...
harlowolivia
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
kgdallas
LG/Kenmore Elite 5.2 washer & 9.0 Dryer
Hey everyone! Happy New Year!! Does anyone have any...
larsi_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™