Brand new Samsung Dryer rips clothes

krs9April 15, 2013

I just got a brand new Samsung washer dryer set model 361 and after using it just a few times I noticed that the dryer rips clothes something terrible.

I already ruined two blouses and four delicate napkins.

From what I can tell the problem is the lint filter - when it is installed the filter doesn't sit totally flush with the right and left edge of the slot it goes into and clothes get caught on that edge of the lint filter that protrudes
I attached a picture but it's hard to see that the lint filter edge doesn' sit flush with the edge of the slot..

Anyone else have a problem like that?
Any idea what to do about it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgect

I would call Samsung and get an e-mail address you can send that picture to (product development or quality control).

If you can, go to a store that has your model of the dryer you bought on display and see if it has the same flaw or if it's just one in a million fluke.

See if they have a fix for it or replace the whole dryer.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 3:30PM
krs9

The frame of the lint filter was quite rough at the edges which I think made things worse in that clothes easily got caught and the ripped.

I tried to smooth it out to see it that helps.

But I will try to take a better picture and also take pictures of all the torn clother and send this off to Samsung.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 11:56AM
pechicaconpelogrande

I have the exact same problem! Didn't know what exactly was causing the ripping, but I see now that the lint filter could be responsible, mine doesn't sit flush either. Any luck getting in contact with Samsung? I've ruined two sets of very expensive Egyptian cotton sheet sets!! What a pain...

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 10:26PM
diamond_ace

I am experiencing this too. Anyone successful at getting a replacement or fixing on their own? So frustrating!

Bookmark   August 24, 2013 at 11:41PM
More Discussions
Need help choosing a large capacity washer- whats the least bad option
I really want a Miele or a Speed Queen. That said,...
mwinfield
Does Persil Liquid ProClean from Walmart USA contain....
optical brighteners. Their website is next to useless...
spicy19
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Good sheet set, stand up to laundering...
Hi all: I placed this post in the laundry forum because...
CharterOps
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™