Need washer with HOT water

kellyh_2010April 28, 2013

Hello,
Thank you in advance for your help! We are in need of a new washing machine and have kids with dust mite allergies so I need one that truly has hot water - at least 140 degrees. We currently have a TL large capacity (the computer just went out, we had it for 9 years) but I am not wedded to TL. I have read through this site as well as other online reviews and realize all brands have positive and negative reviews. I have to wash sheets, blankets and duvet covers every week so really prefer the larger capacity models. Going to a laundromat is not really an option.

It seems every brand has negative and positive reviews and some people have mold and some don't with the same machines. It seems like you get lucky or not with these issues!

So my question is, which large capacity machine has HOT water.

Thank you so much for your help!
Kelly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

You need a frontloader with a designated Sanitary cycle and on-board heating. Several brands / models have the feature.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 1:31PM
Cavimum

Our son and his wife recently bought an LG front load washer that has a Sanitize and an Allergen cycle. They felt pretty sure those two cycles indicate it has an on board heater.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 2:56PM
whirlpool_trainee

For TL, Speed Queen is he only brand left to let pure hot water fill the tub - others will mix in some cold.

For FL, there are plenty of washers with a Sanitary cycle and some LG, Whirlpool/Maytag, GE, Electrolux/Frigidaire washers with an Allergen cycle that heats to 130F.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: View a list of NSF certified clothes washers.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 7:30PM
dadoes

For TL, Speed Queen is he only brand left to let pure hot water fill the tub - others will mix in some cold. Technically, that's not true. Assuming they haven't revised the specs from the last service info I have, Fisher & Paykel feeds tap hot (or it may be controlled to 140ðF max) on the Hot temp selection. Normal operation of the machine runs hot only for the initial low-level Eco Active wash phase, then fills rest of the way with controlled-cold for an agitated wash (thus, the Eco part of the machine's name) ... but there are a couple ways to get a full-fill hot wash for people willing to press a few buttons.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:42PM
kellyh_2010

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the help. We went with a front loader. My first one, so excited to see how it compares!

This post was edited by kellyh_2010 on Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 0:17

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 12:16AM
More Discussions
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™