As you consider your washing machine choices.....

izeveApril 4, 2011

As many posters here debate their choices of a washing machine, this article may give them a totally different perspective on it...

According to this article, 5 billion people still live without washing machines.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/04/03/rosling.washing.machine/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raro

Thanks for posting this. It does put things into perspective. I just posted about selecting a dryer. That is even more of a luxury/waste of natural resources. We just installed a solar hot water heater and try to limit our washing to clothes that are really dirty. When the washer was on the first floor we did hang things on the line. with its move to the second floor that will be harder to do. I feel badly that we are going in the wrong direction on this but feel boxed in. Thanks again for your post.

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 1:26PM
curiousshopper

Well, speaking as an American citizen, it's my opinion that we didn't win two world wars to live like we would in a 3rd world nation!

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 4:42PM
mike_73

Thanks for posting that. I liked that guy he is very smart and funny. What he say is true and we are so blessed to be living above the wash line.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™