Sears Ultra Plus He Powder

bob_kApril 12, 2014

Is anyone using Sears Ultra Plus He powder detergent? Is so how much are you using in your front load washer for best results?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

I use the Sears "free/clear" version of Ultra Plus He powder. Our municipal water is categorized as "moderately hard." (you really need to know what yours is) I use half the recommended dose for normal laundry.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 2:10PM
bob_k

Thanks for the reply Cavimum. I appreciate your you input. I have well water that is moderately hard. So I will start with a half of the recommended dose and adjust from there if needed. I haven't open the box so I don't know what kind of measuring cup is supplied.

Thanks Again
Bob

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 7:35PM
Cavimum

A good way to tell if you're using too much is to check the final rinse cycles for suds.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 11:30PM
bob_k

I will have to figure a way to catch some drain water. The drain hose is connect directly into a drain pipe. When my wife bought the detergent the sales person told her that she only had to use 2 tbls per load.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 9:10AM
Cavimum

"When my wife bought the detergent the sales person told her that she only had to use 2 tbls per load. "

Does your FL washer have a glass front (window)? I shine a good flashlight in there to see if there are suds.

One scoop is 50ml; half-scoop is 25 ml. 2 Tblsp is 30 ml, so depending on the size of your washer's drum and amount of laundry, if you have hard or soft water, and level of dirtyness, that wounds about right. Start with that and wsee what happens.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 2:25PM
aliceinmd

We have used and liked the Sears "free" version of Ultra Plus He powder in a blue box since buying our he washer about six years ago. I went to buy more yesterday, and the store had 6 boxes (for 125 loads each) on CLEARANCE for $3.95 per box! I fear this product is being discontinued. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 1:55PM
Cavimum

@aliceinmd - I loaded up with several boxes, a few months ago when I heard our local Sears store was going to close. In the meantime, I have also tried the Wisk 'he' free/clear liquid and it gets a bit sudsy but works great. Hubby and I cannot use anything with a perfume.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™