LG 5101 washer clothes softener dispenser

graymare7April 30, 2011

I am just learning to use the features on my new LG washer and have a problem already with the clothes softener container.

I always used vinegar and bs in my old machine for softening instead of dryer sheets, et. and so I poured vinegar in the dispenser but it never got dispensed. Now it is still there and I don't know how to get it out. I'm afraid if I just leave it in there it will corrode the plastic or something.

Could someone please tell me what to do?

Thank you,

Sanr

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
markb

Try reading your owners manual. It specifically describes how to remove the detergent*fabric softener dispenser drawer.

I believe there is a button on the control panel that must be pressed in order to dispense the contents of the softener drawer.

Bookmark   April 30, 2011 at 11:14AM
markb

Try reading your owners manual.

Bookmark   April 30, 2011 at 11:16AM
gates1

I own the washer, you have to push the fabric softener button to use FS in the machine. To remove the drawer, pull it out and then slightly tilt it up, it has a catch to it. I agree, if owners would read their owners manuals, they wouldnt have most of these issues, thats what they were printed for.

Bookmark   April 30, 2011 at 4:01PM
rogerv_gw

Isn't that what turkey basters are for *smile*?

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 3:22AM
debo_2006

Good one rogerv!

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 10:47PM
platinumare_hotmail_com

wow you got some really annoying troll messages here, why can't people read your question before replying. I have same issue, there is NO fabric softener button and yet there is a fabric softener container. No I don't have the manual because the manual went missing, WHY ELSE would I be on here asking!!!!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 9:27PM
dadoes

Instruction manuals can usually be found and downloaded as .pdf files on manufacturer web sites. There are two 5101 models on LG's site -- WT5101HV and WT5101HW.

I looked at the WT5101HW manual, which explains that the machine has both "Fabric Softener" and "Extra Rinse" option buttons. Fabric Softener is to be pressed if softener is used, to change the final rinse from a spray rinse to a deep(-fill) rinse so softener is dispensed and distributed properly. Extra Rinse can also be used, as suggested with the Heavy Duty and Cotton/Normal cycles.

There are also instructions on how to remove the dispenser drawer for cleaning.

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 8:28AM
gates1

The fabric softener butt is located at the bottom of your control panel under "Options" it is the forth button from the right. Its there trust me Shelby

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 4:05PM
More Discussions
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™