help with AC brands

gracieluAugust 5, 2014

Hello all. I have to pick new units for our home soon. I really wanted to go with the 2 Carrier AC heating systems (ACB6) system for my house, but I have been reading and hearing about major problems with Carrier and its coil specifically. I've seen a lot of complaints about the system having problems after the install and also after the warranty (which doesn't include labor) expired.

I am wondering if a Bryant, Lennox, or Trane would be better. Even though I was told that Trane just recalled some units. Also, I heard that American Standards are good units. Is there a reason most don't carry?

We are replacing 2 units, which is quite costly. What do you recommend? What would you put in your house?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

I believe Trane recalled some very low end models that were made offshore. I would not be concerned about this. Perhaps others have more info on this subject.

Who is telling you this info on the Carrier coils? Carrier has been making the transition to all aluminum evap coils which is a good feature.

Depending on the specific equipment you are looking at, of the big three, I think Carrier and Trane are very close to each other. That includes their sister companies Bryant and Am Standard. As to Lennox, I think they are a distant third and are way overpriced.

What exactly are you looking for?

Just my opinion.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
Carrier Greenspeed 25VNA Massachusetts Cold Weather Data
Hello Everyone, I wish I had had this information prior...
Sabs83
New Mini Split Designs for 2015
I, and I am sure others, would love to hear what is...
josey11
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™