Speed queen washer question

pam756March 9, 2014

After reading everything here I've pretty much decided on a SQ TL. My question is about wrinkling of the clothes. I normally line dry my clothes outside. The machine I have now wrinkles the clothes horribly making most line dried items need ironing. How wrinkled are your clothes coming out of the washer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beaglenc

First of all I would chose the 542, you have more options that will help. I went from a Bosch plus to the 542. the FL would set wrinkles but the dryer would help a little. If you have a lot of all cotton clothes they will wrinkle, no matter what. What I have found that helps is 1: don't overload and 2: shake them out when they come out of the washer and3: when I hang clothes to air dry I put them in the dryer on no heat for 5 min. or so to fluff up then hang them. This is what works for me.Permanent press come out really well.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 6:34AM
miele1966

I line dry all year round, and even in the winter months. I have done this for decades. I am not a fan of tumble dryers, unless necessary. In my opinion, the best thing to do is use Wrinkle Free or Permanent Press wash cycles on those loads where wrinkling is a concern. The rest I wash on cottons, so the maximum amount of water is still extracted out of them. I whole heartedly agree with the suggestion of 5-10 mins of no heat tumbling BEFORE hanging out your wash. It sounds strange, but it makes clothes much softer and reduces wrinkling dramatically. I do not even use softeners and I can still manage towels that are not like sandpaper. Fabric softeners will help reduce wrinkling, too, although not necessary.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 4:39PM
pam756

Thanks for the great tips. I've never tried the dryer trick but will do so this week. I wasn't sure with SQ to get but I'll go with the 542.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™