Trane XR15 3 Ton AC Fan Noise

lkwiscAugust 5, 2011

Upon starting, my newly installed Trane XR15 AC compressor cooling fan (outdoors)makes a high-pitched whirling sound which disappears once fan is at full speed. It happens at each cycle start. My installer replaced the fan but the new fan makes the same sound. The installer claims he called Trane and they stated it was caused by the fan pitch. The fan is a new design, apparently.

I called Trane but they told me to call another installer for another oppinion. ??

Has anyone had this fan noise experience?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barryg1

Curious if you received any replies outside this post, as I am considering buying the 2.5 ton XR15. Just curious also - did you get the XR15 handler -- is that variable speed? Anything else you can share about your buy/install experience - could I ask you how much you paid - and location (state) so I can compare?

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 7:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lkwisc

No other replies rec'd yet.
I bought the Trane AC and furnace. (Installed last Nov)
The blower is variable speed. Price for both installed was $6300.

Both work great. The AC is efficient. It has been running non-stop throughout the past 3-4 week heat wave and only increased my electric bill by $32. Compared to not running AC.

I posted regarding the fan noise at cycle start out of curiosity. It may be as the installer stated, the newly designed pitch of the fan. The noise is momentary.

I recommend both the Trane AC and furnace. I have cold winters, but the furnace is great and very efficient.

Bookmark   August 8, 2011 at 11:16AM
More Discussions
Navian condensing combi, good or bad?
Hi, I am looking into converting from oil to gas and...
rickyk22
New Bryant legacy vs 5 year old carrier infinity
My parents need a new a.c., There's is broken and probably...
David
Floor Air Register and ductwork
In recently doing light cleaning on air registers in...
Char Holdenried
Any Reviews/Feedback on Daikin HVAC (Dallas)
Anyone install a Daikin HVAC system yet? We are in...
DallasArts
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™