Washer tray

mettapeaceMarch 12, 2013

I just purchased a front loader to be placed in 2nd floor laundry room. Never had a 2nd floor laundry room and suddenly became very concerned about leaks. Have any of you purchased a washer tray? Saleslady said that it will make the washer LOUD!

If that's so, did any of you purchase something like this: Anti-walk Silent Feet - Anti-vibration Pads for Washing Machines and Dryers?

BTW, I'm very excited to be getting my first matched set. My old FL Frigidaire is still going after 12 years without a hitch, but buyers of my house wanted my W/D. So soon I'll be washing with LG 2250.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sandy16

I have a steel washer tray under my second floor washer. I don't notice to be any louder than the same units without a tray downstairs. Regardless of whether it makes it noisier, you need the tray and a drain just in case.

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 4:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

They were required by building code in my area for non-lowest-level installations until about 8 years ago, after which machines using a certain low amount of water (basically front-loaders and maybe a few HE top-load machines) became excempt. It's unlikely a machine failure would dump a huge amount of water on your floor so I wouldn't bother with a tray; a burst intake hose is a bigger threat (but also is for faucets and such). Use braided burst-resistant hoses if possible.

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:32AM
More Discussions
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Goodbye Kenmore HE2T/Whirlpool Sport, I hate you!
Im so done with this piece of junk washing machine....
Mark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™