whirlpool calypso washer stays on wool cycle

madskiMarch 5, 2012

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL CALYPSO WASHER MODEL # GVW9959KQ2, THAT ONLY STAYS ON THE WOOL CYCLE DISPLAYING A 27 ON THE SCREEN AND DOES NOT PERMIT TO CHANGE CYCLES TO NORMAL BY PRESSING THE STOP CANCEL BUTTON ON THE DISPLAY. OCCASIONALY I AM ABLE TO KEEP/TRICK/FORCE IT INTO WASHING WITH THE NORMAL CYCLE. HOW CAN I FIX IT OR WHAT NEEDS REPLACING?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

If it otherwise runs through the (wool) cycle without malfunction, the touch panel probably is bad. The part is still available (8563809) but is quite expensive. SearsPartsDirect.com lists $167. There's one on eBay for $158. I have a spare, but must keep it for my own machine.

You can test the panel thusly:
- With the machine off, press [Soak], [Cycle Signal], [Soak], [Cycle Signal] (quickly, but one at a time in that order). The display should come on dt.
- Press [Start]. All the indicator lights should turn ON and the display 88.
- Press each button in turn (including [Start], but not [Cancel])to turn OFF the light or group of lights associated with it the button. If any of the lights don't turn off, then there are stuck or malfunctioning buttons.
- Press [Cancel] to end the test. Or unplug/replug the machine if [Cancel] is not working.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™