Pros and cons of packaged gas/electric units in Los Angeles
My co-worked says that he got a Trane packaged gas/electric unit and he's been very happy with it.
What are the pros and cons of a packaged gas/electric unit compared to a split system (gas furnace, coils, and outside a/c condenser)?
I'm thinking that I could put this gas/electric packaged unit (like a Trane XL13c or Trane XL14c -- not sure which one fits my needs better) in the attic.
1. Single story 1430 sqft in Los Angeles, built in 1952
2. Foundation = raised with 30" crawl space
3. Insulation= R-30 Insulation in attic; no insulation on walls or floor
4. 13 double-pane windows throughout house; 3 single pane windows in front (16 windows total)
5. Dark brown cement tile roof
6. Exterior doors = 2 (old wood front door with top half of door with glass panes; and new aluminum back door with quarter window)