Rice Crispy Treats with peanut butter and chocolate

happygramMay 14, 2012

After searching the forum and google, I can't find the recipe for rice crispy treats with a layer of peanut butter on top and then a chocolate layer on top of the peanut butter. I saw these and wanted to make them, but the only recipes I found are for peanut butter mixed into the rice crispies. I'd like these decadent bars to have three separate layers; rice crispies, peanut butter, and chocolate

Does anyone have these? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Teresa_MN

Try the link to the Rice Krispie treat page. There are numerous ways to make them including the pictured one with chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rice Krispy treats in a myriad of ways

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 2:58PM
happygram

Actually, the Kellogg page was the first place I went, but they don't have the recipe I've eaten...somewhere! This is what I'm trying to duplicate:

The bottom layer is the crispies; the second layer is peanut butter; and the top layer is chocolate. There wasn't any butterscotch in them and the peanut butter wasn't mixed with the rice crispies. The crispies also weren't chocolate.

This should be something I could figure out how to do, but I'm out of ideas.

I wish I could remember who made them!

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 7:23PM
agmss15

I want some - sounds like a reese's pb cup crispy. All good!

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 7:27PM
Teresa_MN

Happygram - did you take the time to read through all the recipes at the link? I was not suggesting the butterscotch one was the recipe you were looking for - just that there were many recipes to choose from.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 11:12PM
caliloo

I would probably make a thin layer of normal rice krispies treats, then put on a layer of Buckeye filling, chill, and then top with melted chocolate. I would also cool at room temp and score the chocolate before chilling completely. Good luck and let us know if you find it!

Alexa

Here is a link that might be useful: Buckeye candy

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 7:17AM
soonergrandmom

Maybe they melted peanut butter chips and after it had set up, added the chocolate.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 7:30PM
Cynic

I think a layer of peanut butter cookie dough would be great on there, but you can just take powdered sugar and add to the peanut butter to thicken it up. Peanut butter chips would be harder yet depending on the texture you're looking to achieve. Another option is to top the bar with chocolate and ice it with a peanut butter icing.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:42PM
bulldinkie

Ive had them where they melted butterscotch morsels in them good,you could use layer of peanut butter morsels

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 5:45PM
happygram

Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to combine your suggestions and try to duplicate the ones I've seen.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 10:02PM
More Discussions
Monkey Princess makes pretzels
The Monkey Princess decided that we needed to learn...
annie1992
Kitchen Gadget Over-the-Top?
Drinking Straw Cleaner? I don't think so but checking...
mustangs81
BISCUITS
Just made these biscuits, but felt they weren't worth...
Robert Givens
Another Record: $4.235 Per Pound for Ground Beef
I read this headline in a recent cnsnews.com article....
grainlady_ks
Help me speak "mexican"
I have little familiarity with Mexican food...or the...
Annie Deighnaugh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™