Mud Room - Stackable W/D

slowdowntohurryupMarch 27, 2011

finishing up some house plans and have a mud room by the side entry (laundry on the opposite end of the house) - it is currently sized at 6x10 and have a question or two on it to anyone with these size of rooms. were going to have a regular W/D on the exterior wall and a closet and the other end of the room (give about a 4-5x6 area to do something else with (boot box) were thinking about putting a stackable W/D in there which would probably allow for a small sink and for a little more wiggle room.

any thoughts on the room and the stackables-- do they do ok with heavy stuff (jackets and such) this would be a true mud room and we looked at a set of stackables and inital impression was that they looked little.

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowdowntohurryup

after about an hour or so of searching on this site - i found out that the front loaders can be stacked ---which would be better than a single unit which was what i was talking about before...so any recommendations on those? keeping in mind these would be the second set to primarily wash heavy/dirty stuff - so fancy features are not needed.
thanks

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 10:02PM
More Discussions
which compact washer/dryer?
I really wanted the Miele touchtronic washer/dryer...
achase1961
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™