Washer/dryer power cord question

agogolakMarch 19, 2014

I have Frigidaire Affinity front load washer/dryer set. Currently in our laundry room, they are set up with the dryer on the left, washer on the right, and the coinciding power outlets behind them. I'd like to switch their positions to make it more user friendly, the washer on the left and dryer on the right however their power cords are not long enough. Does anyone know if they make longer power cords for this model than I can sub out the old ones for, or are their extension cords heavy duty enough for washers/dryers? Any advice would be appreciated! Many thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gwarstong

Use single cords for each. Various lengths are available. Shouldn't be a problem.

That's easy. Dryer vent may not be...how's that looking to you? Also length of water-supply hoses and drain hose for washer. Measured all that?

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 7:43PM
laundryvet

SQ sells extra long fill hoses. Visit anyone of their parts distributors. Drain will only reach so far, and machine performance for draining goes down with long drain lines that increase back pressure.

Gwarstong has a good point, better figure out the vent for the dryer.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 9:37PM
ronaka

Some washer/dryer sets have at least one with provision to reverse the door opening direction. Perhaps that would be a cheaper/quicker solution than physically reversing the whole units.

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™