advice on the best he detergent for sensitive skin users

nina100March 23, 2009

I need to now what is considered to be the best He Detergent for very sensitive skin and washing the clothes please post your experiences .Thanks,Nina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cynic

Everyone's sensitivites vary. I've found Tide Free/Sensitive to be great, as have many family and friends who have sensitivities, psoriasis, exema and allergies. Others here have used All Free & Clear, Charlie's soap (but that's not HE, though it's HE compatible) Cheer Free and just about anything that is a perfume/dye free. Sears has one also and Sears detergents are pretty popular. Dreft now has HE versions out and many like Dreft too. You probably need to try several and see which clean as you need without problems.

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 5:54PM
aprivitera

I have the same sorts of skin allergies/conditions and Persil megapearls (for whites or colours) used in 1/2 recommended quantities is the best I've tried. It also is better than Tide Free or others for cleaning clothes. Persil megapearls is available online at amazon.com and at some retailers. Check out the reviews! I'm impressed. It's expensive for a box but I only use 1 to 2 tablespoons max and it does a fantastic job.

Bookmark   March 27, 2009 at 9:08PM
happymomof2kids

Try to stick with anything that is perfume and dye free. I personally use Charlies soap and a lot of our skin issues cleared right up. I had been using Cheer Free and Gentle HE before the Charlies but we still had some issues with it, but we are a family of many allergies so it wasn't surprising.

But chose what is right for you. There are many things on the market you can try.

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 1:21AM
housefairy

When the kids were young I used Dreft. Apparently by some current posts it now also comes in HE. But the best thing I found was to make the machine do an extra rinse. If their clothes were really dirty and I had to use a lot of detergent/pre-treater to get out the stains, I would just run them thru another complete cycle. Diapers were always a double cycle.

So if you are having issues, try doing at least an additional rinse. You may have to do double cycles to remove all traces of the soap residue.

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 2:03AM
charliesoap

http://www.cleaning101.com/laundry/HE.pdf

Specifically pages 6 and 7 where it talks about the use of the HE (high efficiency) seal. Check to make sure the detergent has the actual seal.

Bookmark   March 29, 2009 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
kgdallas
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprillh
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Dhurries Dark Blue/Ivory 3 ft.
$96.97 | Home Depot
Homelegance Achillea 48 in. Dining Table with Faux Marble Top - 3273-48
$529.00 | Hayneedle
Elite Hardware Sunset Window Hardware - 12 Piece Set - 18604W
$29.98 | Hayneedle
King 200TC Sheet Set - IVORY (KING)
$575.00 | Horchow
Colonial Mills Boca Raton Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - BR10A018X018
$74.99 | Hayneedle
Floral & Vine Curio Cabinet
$5,800.00 | Horchow
Hydro Systems Bathtubs Shreveport 6 ft. Center Drain Freestanding Bathtub in