Samsung 520 Washer ?

whistle_gwMarch 8, 2012

If you have a Samsung 520, would you be kind enough to tell me what cycles you use for jeans, towels and knit polos? I have had this machine for about a year and I don't hate it but I'm not in love with it either! I've even had a bit of tangling and I know that's not right in a FL. So I must not be using the cycles correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave1812

I have a 520 and usually use the Normal Cycle without problems, including polos. not sure why you are having so much trouble with tangling. I find the washer does an awesome job and FAR, FAR better than the TL (older Maytag--when they were made well). The TL was constantly wrapping all sorts of clothes around the agitator.

Have you tried washing similar items (rather than throwing in a variety of item types)? I run both small loads and full loads. Makes no difference in the outcome. The only thing that gets rolled up into a "cigar" is a large king comforter, and it does the same thing in the 520 dryer. A few tennis balls (each wrapped in a knotted sock to prevent dye bleed) helps a bit with the dryer rolling large items into a "cigar", but it's not a 100% fix.

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 7:31PM
whistle_gw

Maybe my question wasn't clear. I don't wash jean, polos and towels in the same wash. The questions should have read.......What cycle for jeans? What cycle for polos? What cycle for towels?

I don't have any trouble with things rolling up. I use dryer balls with the little nubs specifically made for the dryer.

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 8:52PM
dave1812

Normal for all of those. StainAway for dirty rags. Bedding for sheets... I don't use any of the other cycles often. If anyone wants a bit more water in the wash on this model, choose the PreWash option...

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 9:26PM
More Discussions
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprillh
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Sponsored Products
Car Adapter for Photo Cube Printer
$30.00 | FRONTGATE
Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 Secret Wallet
$35.50 | FRONTGATE
LightPlay Smart Pico Projector
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
Urbanista Copenhagen Foldable Headphones - Urbanista
$99.00 | HORNE
Samsung Galaxy Dual Dock Expansion Handset
$99.50 | FRONTGATE