Miele Electric Dryers - Does a reg. washer load fit?

lalitharMarch 12, 2012

Hi

A local appliance store sales guy told me just now that the main problem with Miele Electric dryers is that a typical load from the washer does not dry well in 1 shot. He said it is the same in both the bigger and the smaller machines?

I was specifically looking for the electric dryer instead of the gas dryer based on the feedback from this forum but this would be a big concern. Is this the case?

Lalitha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

I have no idea why your sales guy would say that. We bought our Miele electric dryer eleven months ago and it does a pretty good job. My only complaint is towels, but if I don't remove them as soon as the cycle finishes, the dryer will tumble them every few minutes, and after a while they are dry. The dryer also has a set 45-minute cycle one can use.

The negative: stuff sometimes isn't always 100% dry, like waistbands on my husband's slacks, towels, some knit cuffs on tops.

The positive: WAAAY quieter than my old conventional Whirlpool dryer, *and* because it errs on the conservative side of drying, I never have "baked" laundry because I've set a timer for too long.

I have no regrets about making the purchase.

Bookmark   March 13, 2012 at 9:05AM
sshrivastava

If you fill your washer 3/4 full, which is how it should be filled, there is no issue. However, if you pack your washer tight with clothes, they will come out of the dryer wrinkled.

Bookmark   March 13, 2012 at 5:38PM
larsi_gw

Also, you can set the dryer to More Dry/Less Residual Moisture and Extended Cool Down. With this, not only is EVERY item 100% dry, but my clothes are left insanely soft, fluffy and wrinkle free. And yes, I highly recommend Miele electric dryers, over Miele gas. It's only N. America that is offered gas. Miele shines with Electric!

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 2:29PM
liriodendron

What Mieles don't do well with is a load of stuff washed in a regular t/l machine. These clothes have a lot more water in them than clothes coming out of a typical Miele cycle. That would make it difficult for the dryer to do its job correctly. (The reverse, an HE f/l and a conventional dryer, works the equation backwards as the f/l clothes have less moisture so a much faster dry-cycle happens as more water is extracted in the washer due to higher rpm spins.)

L.

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 8:56PM
lalithar

Ah! makes sense. Is there a visual marker on what is a appropriately sized load in the Miele washer? How do you know when the load is not too much?

Bookmark   March 17, 2012 at 1:05AM
More Discussions
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Goodbye Kenmore HE2T/Whirlpool Sport, I hate you!
Im so done with this piece of junk washing machine....
Mark
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
HELP!! Dryer side vent question/Help (Samsung)
Hello! does anyone have a dryer that they had to use...
peasknees
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™