Shambo, where's the brown rice casserole?

ynnejMay 7, 2012

I've been anxiously awaiting the recipe :) Will you be posting it to your blog, and if not, could you please post it here?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shambo

Jenny, sorry. I misplaced my brain over the weekend and just discovered it this morning. I posted the recipe on my blog in 2008. It's definitely nothing fancy -- very simple indeed. In my basic recipe, I call for thyme, but I actually use any herb or spice blend that appeals to me when I'm fixing it. I also add other vegetables for the topping if I've got them around. For example, last week I added some steamed cauliflower. And I used those lovely roasted grape tomatoes -- inspiration from your blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rice Pie

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:22PM
jasdip

I forgot that Jenny has a blog.

Please post it here Jenny, I'd like to see it; even though I know you're a vegetarian. ;-)

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:27PM
ynnej

Thanks! Looks amazing. Jasdip, my blog isn't much compared to the others who post on this forum, it's a work in progress just like me :) What about you, do you have one?

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:40PM
jasdip

Ha! You're so cute Jenny! You've *seen* my food pics on the dinner thread, right??

My life is so not-exciting. Here's a pic of my 3 cats sleeping on the bed, here's DH playing his drums, here's my houseplants, here's our food. I love reading them though!

I saw your list, and you have Kevin from Closet Cooking; he's a good fit for you. Have you seen All that Splatters, Sol's blog?? She comes here periodically and visits.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 5:13PM
shambo

Jasdip, not everyone who has a blog is a good photographer. I definitely fit that category. I love looking at your pictures, though, and reading your recipes. I want to try your slow cooker Butter Chicken recipe and your rhubarb muffin recipe too.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:03PM
ynnej

I would be in that category, too. And yes, I love Closet Cooking! His ideas are so creative. I just looked at the All That Splatters blog, it's wonderful.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:19PM
Teresa_MN

Jas - All that Splatters is not Sol's blog.

Memories in the Baking is Sol's blog.

Teresa

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:49PM
dcarch7

"--Jasdip, not everyone who has a blog is a good photographer. I definitely fit that category.--"

I am not sure that's the whole story. There is a difference between a good photographer and one who has a good camera and a good setup.

I see many good photgraphers who take not so good pictures because they don't use an expensive camera and have a poor lighting setup.

Love your blogs, Jenny and Shambo.

dcarch

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:57PM
shambo

Thanks, DC, You're a sweetie!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:07PM
jasdip

Thanks Shambo! I heartily recommend those recipes.....and any of the others that I make! LOL
I don't know if I know if I ever bookmarked your blog Shambo. Better give it to me again.

Teresa is right Jenny. Check out Memories in the Baking for sure!!! She is a very witty writer, reading her blog is fun!

Oh dear, too many blogs, I'm getting them confused......but such fun!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:11PM
ann_t

All That Splatters is Lori's blog. Another long time member of the Cooking Forum. I agree with Jenny. Lori's All That Splatters is wonderful.

~Ann

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:23PM
ynnej

I love Memories in the Baking. It's on my reading list. Thank you Dcarch, maybe one day you will start your own? Pretty please :)

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 1:38AM
More Discussions
Canning tomato juice worth it?
Hi All - I'm thinking about canning tomato juice this...
jennieboyer
Boneless Chuck Roast as a stand in for a brisket?
Normally I'd be cooking a brisket for Passover, so...
lowspark
Need side dish idea and thoughts on dessert
I have been asked to bring a side dish for Easter -...
susan_in_nc
Any ideas for baby Indian eggplants?
I picked these up at Sprouts (there was a large, nearly...
Gooster
What's Wrong with my Chocolate Chips? They Didn't Melt!
I was making the matzah toffee. No biggie, right? Though...
plllog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™