Shambo, where's the brown rice casserole?

ynnejMay 7, 2012

I've been anxiously awaiting the recipe :) Will you be posting it to your blog, and if not, could you please post it here?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shambo

Jenny, sorry. I misplaced my brain over the weekend and just discovered it this morning. I posted the recipe on my blog in 2008. It's definitely nothing fancy -- very simple indeed. In my basic recipe, I call for thyme, but I actually use any herb or spice blend that appeals to me when I'm fixing it. I also add other vegetables for the topping if I've got them around. For example, last week I added some steamed cauliflower. And I used those lovely roasted grape tomatoes -- inspiration from your blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rice Pie

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:22PM
jasdip

I forgot that Jenny has a blog.

Please post it here Jenny, I'd like to see it; even though I know you're a vegetarian. ;-)

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:27PM
ynnej

Thanks! Looks amazing. Jasdip, my blog isn't much compared to the others who post on this forum, it's a work in progress just like me :) What about you, do you have one?

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:40PM
jasdip

Ha! You're so cute Jenny! You've *seen* my food pics on the dinner thread, right??

My life is so not-exciting. Here's a pic of my 3 cats sleeping on the bed, here's DH playing his drums, here's my houseplants, here's our food. I love reading them though!

I saw your list, and you have Kevin from Closet Cooking; he's a good fit for you. Have you seen All that Splatters, Sol's blog?? She comes here periodically and visits.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 5:13PM
shambo

Jasdip, not everyone who has a blog is a good photographer. I definitely fit that category. I love looking at your pictures, though, and reading your recipes. I want to try your slow cooker Butter Chicken recipe and your rhubarb muffin recipe too.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:03PM
ynnej

I would be in that category, too. And yes, I love Closet Cooking! His ideas are so creative. I just looked at the All That Splatters blog, it's wonderful.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:19PM
Teresa_MN

Jas - All that Splatters is not Sol's blog.

Memories in the Baking is Sol's blog.

Teresa

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:49PM
dcarch7

"--Jasdip, not everyone who has a blog is a good photographer. I definitely fit that category.--"

I am not sure that's the whole story. There is a difference between a good photographer and one who has a good camera and a good setup.

I see many good photgraphers who take not so good pictures because they don't use an expensive camera and have a poor lighting setup.

Love your blogs, Jenny and Shambo.

dcarch

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:57PM
shambo

Thanks, DC, You're a sweetie!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:07PM
jasdip

Thanks Shambo! I heartily recommend those recipes.....and any of the others that I make! LOL
I don't know if I know if I ever bookmarked your blog Shambo. Better give it to me again.

Teresa is right Jenny. Check out Memories in the Baking for sure!!! She is a very witty writer, reading her blog is fun!

Oh dear, too many blogs, I'm getting them confused......but such fun!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:11PM
ann_t

All That Splatters is Lori's blog. Another long time member of the Cooking Forum. I agree with Jenny. Lori's All That Splatters is wonderful.

~Ann

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:23PM
ynnej

I love Memories in the Baking. It's on my reading list. Thank you Dcarch, maybe one day you will start your own? Pretty please :)

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 1:38AM
More Discussions
Slightly shocket at Joy of Baking video
I started watching the Apple Pie video and right at...
wintercat_gw
What happened? Scientifically speaking...
Well, I'm hoping there may be someone here to give...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
Once it was so easy..............................
To find whatever one wanted quickly. Now everything...
Robert Givens
Aeropress coffee-science question for coffee weenies
I got an Aeropress today. Just made my first cup of...
l pinkmountain
What's For Dinner #337
Annie, you and Elery are doing a wonderful job on the...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™