LG WM214OC Rejecting Hot/warm water?

armjimMarch 3, 2011

I just replaced a 10 year old Sears Frigmore with an LG WM214OC and am trying to figure out if my new machine is defective. It was just delivered yesterday. I have always heard how long the cycles are, so I was prepared for that. The trouble I think I am having is that on the Normal/Cotton cycle it will not use warm or hot water. When I did a load of towels yesterday I felt of the glass and it was cool to the touch. I opened the door and the water was cool. I had it on Warm/Cold rinse, and probably Normal soil. This early morning I did a Permanent Press load and put it on Heavy Soil, and the water was warm when I tested it. I just put in another load of towels/sheets, selected Hot water, Heavy soil and Cottons/Normal and the water is cool (if not cold). I called Best Buy yesterday and the young man suggested that they need to send me a new washer. I tried calling LG and was put on hold for more than 5 minutes. Can any of you LG experts give me any guidance? I have a laundry tub next to the washer and always turn the tap on to get the hot water flowing. The hoses are correctly installed. I don't want to have to start sending machines back and waiting for new ones unless this one is clearly defective.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
househelper

My LG front loader will add cold water to a hot load (to adjust the water temp if the machine feels the load is too hot. ) probably some government energy savings BS. Stick your fingers in the soap tray when you start your next load and feel when cold water is being added to your fill. Maybe your senser if out of spec.? As for your glass not getting hot. I would discount that as the LG glass is insulated very well, as my glass only feels warm near the end of a sanitary cycle.

I truly wish I had total control of my water temps and fill level.

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™