Adding Fragrance to Unscented Detergent

happsMarch 30, 2011

A while back, I purchased a large box of powdered fragrance free laundry detergent because it was on clearance at an unbeatable price. I never tried fragrance free laundry detergent before and I think I made a mistake because I miss having a scent to my clothes. I don�t want to throw this large box away and was wondering what is the most cost effective way to add scent to this powder, so the clothes will come out with a scent.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mabeldingeldine_gw

Try adding a few drops of essential oil in a fragrance you like to the rinse water.

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 7:23AM
izeve

You could also mix it half and half with scented detergent you like. The scent will not be as strong but it will be there.

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 9:06AM
badgergrrl

You can also use Method dryer sheets. They are scented, but not perfumed, and they won't coat your clothes with that plasticky waxy crap (Bounce).

I like the marshmallow baby one myself, but I usually combine it with a lavender to make a wonderful scent.

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 10:01AM
sshrivastava

If you want a pleasant scent to your clothes, focus on what's happening in the dryer and not the washer. The solution is simple. Buy some essential oil that you like - my faves are lavender and citrus. Put about 15-20 drops of this oil (or combination of oils) on a wash cloth. After your clothes are dry, throw the now scented wash cloth into your dryer and tumble on NO HEAT for 10-15 minutes. All of your clothes will have a wonderful, natural scent that you can actually smell and won't give you cancer.

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™