New American Standard HVAC system install - Quote Help
Hi, I was hoping for some subjective information about my oil-to-gas conversion and quote.
-1918 Two-Family House (each floor/unit approx. 1,400sf)
-Gravity fed hot water, oil boilers and cast iron radiators
-hot water heater
-gas line exists
-Removal and disposal of two boilers, all radiators and related water piping, two oil fuel tanks and oil fill lines
-Install direct vented gas furnace to both living units (basement for 1st floor, attic for 2nd floor)
-Furnish and install 7-day thermostat.
-Install AC unit to both living units.
-Install direct vented 40-gal high efficiency hot water tanks for each living unit.
-Remove and dispose of both boilers and oil tanks and all piping and radiators.
-Installation of (2) American Standard Freedom 95 gas furnace with a 2 1/2 ton cased air conditioning coil. Furnace Model # AUH2b060A9V3VA. (one in basement, one attic)
-Furnish, install, seal and insulate all duct work to all floor registers and return registers. 1-1/2" duct insulation in basement, 3" in attic. Return vents will be installed in all bedrooms and living room.
-Furnish and install all direct venting, low voltage wiring and including a 7 day programmable thermostats.
-Installation of (2) American Standard 13 SEER 2 1/2 ton condensing units. Model # 4A7A3030D1000A (Allegiance 13)
-Install (2) 40 gallon direct vent hot water tanks, Bradford White. Furnish and install all venting and gas piping to unit also all water piping.
Price (includes both living units):
Furnace and AC: $22k
Hot Water: $2.8k
1. What is your opinion of the complete system?
2. Any opinions on the individual units (furnace/condensing unit/hot water tank)?
3. Any recommendations for changes and/or upgrades?
4. I believe I will be purchasing the furnace and condensing units (not included in price) so am interested in the cost of these units. It looks like the furnace gets a nice rebate, but I don't think the Condensing unit or water heater do. Without knowing the cost, I don't know if it would be better to upgrade to an Allegiance 15 cond. unit, as I think it has a rebate.
5. Does the cost look reasonable?
Any information, opinions, suggestions are greatly appreciated.