GE 2.6 washer?

vintage36March 22, 2010

Any info/input on the new GE 2.6 FL washer? It does have a heater but haven't seen anything on a matching dryer for stacking. The dryer is listed at the GE website.

Will see if Lowes has it/them. The max spin for the washer is listed as 1400 rpm!

Wonder who makes it/them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hidroman

Very similar to the Bosch Vision series (that are **not** made in Europe). Door shape and fascia trim are identical

Bookmark   March 22, 2010 at 1:45AM
jseeley

I inquired to GE about the water heater on their new compact FL 2.6 set. I asked them if the water heater was capable of heating the incoming water to a specified temperature in their respective cycles or does it only heat water to hot in the Sanitary/Hot cycle and this is what they said:

The HydroHeater in your WCVH4800KWW uses water temperature to reduce bacteria and provide better cleaning for the really tough stains. Assuming a hot water heater setting of 120 degrees, and an average ground water temperature of 53 degrees, the Hydroheater will fill with incoming water to approximately 120 F degrees for HOT and 105 degrees for WARM and 65 degrees for COLD. 120 F degrees incoming water is gradually heated to 160 F degrees over the course of the wash cycle.

Not sure I understand this. Does it mean it will heat:

-your incoming hot water(120 degrees required) to to 160 Degrees gradually(Sanitary cycle)?

-your incoming cold water (53 degrees required) to 105 degrees(warm cycle) and 65 degrees (Cold cycle)?

Thanks,
John

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 5:06PM
twebbz

Anymore opinions on this machine and the matching dryer?

The dryer of my MAH2400 stack is in meltdown. After replacing a 4 year old motor last April, the replacement is starting to grind after only 8 months. I'm going to get rid of them both.

Bookmark   December 26, 2010 at 11:23AM
jseeley

I was interested in this set but couldn't find hardly any reviews/info on it. I went with the Bosch Axxis set in early Summer(Axxis Plus washer with Axxis Vented Dryer) I couldn't be any happier. Click on the link below to view my review and picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here: Scroll to Bottom

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 7:06PM
More Discussions
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™