New Bravos 850 Washer - No Heater?

yehudimenuhinFebruary 13, 2012

I just bought the Bravos 850 (Feb 2012) and the hot cycle is only lukewarm. Fearing that the heater feature had been dropped, I consulted the Maytag site and literature. To my dismay, the heater is only mentioned as a feature in the 950. Not in the 850. I don't read that as proof, but it makes me wonder if they stopped putting the water heaters in the 850 model. Does anybody have a way of confirming? I got a very uninspiring response from the Maytag sales rep...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mara_2008

My Bravos washer (bought almost 2 years ago) has a heater. IIRC, its model number is 875, but it's been discontinued. Did you think your new washer came with a heater? If so, I'd ask about swapping it for the 950. HTH

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 11:42PM
yehudimenuhin

This one is the MVWB850Y. Same model number that's been around for a year or two, but I haven't learned anything conclusive. I'm willing to return it, but I don't want to go through the hassle if I does indeed have a heater and it's just not super hot.

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 1:37AM
mara_2008

When I activate the washer's internal water heater, hot wash water is FAR too hot to touch, and steam comes out if I pause and open the washer lid.

Even warm wash water heated by the internal heater is warmer than lukewarm.

If there is no button on your washer panel to activate an internal heater, your washer does not have that feature.

If there is such a button, it is visible on your washer panel, and the washer manual will tell you how to use it, including which cycles can use it.

HTH

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 1:54AM
yehudimenuhin

The 850 definitely doesn't have a button. What a ripoff. I thought it was more common for features to percolate down to lower models over time over time, not to be removed from them.

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 9:06AM
dadoes

Parts diagrams for Whirlpool & Maytag models (except there may be a few not listed) can be seen at Whirlpool's web site (or Maytag's) under the Owner Center or Customer Service section, Manuals & Literature, search by model number.

MVWB850YW0 (or MVWB850YG0) does not have a heating element.
MVWB850YW0 Parts List (check Page 5)

MVWB950YW0 does show an element.
MVWB950YW0 Parts List (check Page 5, item #27)

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™