Is anyone happy with their condenser/ventless dryers?

jmcd0264February 27, 2014

Hello all,

I'll move soon and am trying to figure out my laundry options as I have no idea what hookups I'll have. I can't handle going to a laundromat. I have a washer but I'll need to buy a dryer.

I had an Equator 3600 so I'm familiar with condenser dryers. The largest condenser dryers I've found are LG and GE, both 4.2 cu. ft. and use 220v. Does anyone have experience with these? Lint problems? Is the speed difference vs a 110 unit enough to be worth having a 220 line brought in?

Thanks,

Jim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

Sorry you haven't received any helpful responses. My response won't be helpful but it may explain why no one else has replied.

It appears there are very few people on this forum with condenser dryers. They seem to be used in the U.S. only where absolutely necessary, like in apartments in NYC where they can't vent to the outside. In these cases they may be better than a laundromat but just barely. Most Americans are spoiled and have a way to vent a regular dryer. They have never used a condenser dryer and would not be happy with them.

Good luck with your moving and shopping. I agree with you, laundromats are no fun.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 1:23PM
More Discussions
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™