ASKO Washer not working

jenp4February 15, 2014

Hello! I bought a slightly used Asko washer from someone who insisted it worked well. Once I got it home, the door wouldn't open, even though it ran fine through the wash cycle. I ran it several times (empty of course, since I can't get clothes in it), and it would fill, agitate, spin, drain, stop and never unlock. I did notice that it sounded very LOUD when it was spinning. Not like metal on metal, but much louder than I would think a well-designed washer should sound (I have never used an Asko before to know what is normal, though).

Now, a couple days and half a dozen cycles trying to get it to finally unlock, it won't agitate or spin. Fills with water but sits there until it drains.

Can anyone help me? I researched for a long time how to open it manually and even contacted Asko directly (they were not much help). I was unable to manually open it. I only have one service option in town and they are very expensive.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rococogurl

jen - You don't mention which model you have so I don't know how much this will help.

I had a 6021. There was a penny trap panel on the bottom left. There is a 2-step process for clearing the machine and opening it. There is a manual override in the penny trap.

First, you need to clear the penny trap and drain excess water out of the machine. A shallow baking dish -- at least 3 quarts with a towel under it is necessary -- the water comes out rapidly with who knows what else and there's a lot of it. This process is designed to reset the washer. I did it once and it worked.

Also in that area there is a red manual override release pull. It will open the door.

I happen to still have my old 6021 washer manual. I scanned the 2 pages with step-by-steps and diagrams for this into pdfs so they would be readable. But this site doesn't accept pdfs nor does photobucket.

If you want to send me an email at yahoo I will attach the 2 pages so you have the guide. Please don't contact through GW unless you have first adjusted the setting that allows you to receive emails or it's a dead end and impossible for someone to reply. Good luck!

Bookmark   February 16, 2014 at 10:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pipersville_Carol

Second vote here for draining the excess water out of the machine. Use a big bowl, it will be messy.

Bookmark   February 16, 2014 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Ok to only use cold water hookup on washing machine?
Hello, My washing machine is in a location with only...
jmoscone
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Sponsored Products
Briony Low Voltage Cast Aluminum LED Path Light
$39.91 | Lamps Plus
cBox Single File Drawer
Design Within Reach
Copper Mountain Pendant
Lightology
Oil Rubbed Bronze Wide Spread Lavatory Faucet
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Eurofase LED White Quad Recessed Light
Euro Style Lighting